What is mediation/conflict resolution?
- Mediation is a process where a neutral third party assists individuals in resolving conflicts. This can take many formats and styles. I use a combination of styles and strategies, taking tools from transformative mediation and neuroscience.
- The goal is to help individuals/parties resolve the conflict more effectively, with less stress, and with results both sides are happy with.
- Using mediation can help keep important relationships intact, even during high conflict situations
- Compared to typical litigation, mediation offers more control over the process at a lower price!
When should I use conflict resolution or coaching?
- Significant personal relationships
- Pre-nuptial agreements and discussions
- Marital decisions and major life transitions (e.g. moving, having children, new jobs)
- Child Custody/parenting coordination contracts
- Your child’s IEP process
- Elder care/planning
- HOA and Condo disputes
- Important business deals
- Business partnerships/mergers
- Key employee hirings or terminations
- Significant customer contracts
How can gaining conflict resolution and interpersonal skills benefit me?
- Connecting with others brings immeasurable rewards and allows us to live longer, higher quality lives. We interact with and rely on others to get needs met and reach our goals everyday.
- People decide within a few seconds if they like someone and want to form a relationship (personal or professional) with that person. Maximize your ability to make lasting connections, engage colleagues and influence others by knowing key interpersonal strategies.
What is neuroscience and how can it improve my life?
- Neuroscience is the study of the brain and nervous system. As technology improves, we are learning critical information about how our brains and bodies respond to stress and conflict.
- We can use this information to make better decisions, improve our personal and business relationships, and achieve optimal functioning in our lives (e.g. maximize motivation and performance, manage stress, feel and act our best).